Switching Mains thread

Public discussion forum for all registered users to participate in. Guests have read only access.
Emberstorm

Switching Mains thread

Post#1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:41 pm

With 7.2 coming soon (tomorrow) Blizzard is introducing a lot of "catch-up mechanics" - like new AK levels, higher drop from every dungeon, new M+ levels, and so on and so forth. As such, this is a golden opportunity to switch your main character. A few people have expressed interested in taking advantage of this opportunity and this is the place to formally declare that intent.

Caveats:
- We might not be able to honor every request. If we end up with 5 tanks or 8 healers or 0 ranged we obviously can't raid with that, so we are going to balance who is allowed to switch their mains for raiding based on maintaining a good raid composition.
- If you want to switch and you get the green light, you need to commit to it. This is not "bring your alt to main raid" - expect that once you switch characters, that's your new main and your old main is now your alt.
- Your new main should be ready for Tomb of Sargeras before it opens. Once the new raid is open it will be too late to switch.

So, post here if you want to switch to another class and please include what spec / role you want to play.

tekniques

Re: Switching Mains thread

Post#2 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:45 pm

*switching mains WILL result in extra work on your part!!*

You will be expected to grind whatever is needed to find to get up to speed do not agree to switch if you can't keep up with the grind required.

I am willing/able to switch to Bear or full time resto shaman to help composition and make it easier to call out during raids. I will only switch to accommodate others and benefit the raid I like ele sham a lot too it's fun.

Spankeymank

Post#3 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:38 pm

I want to switch.

Reasoning,

1. MW is lagging behind every other healing class, blizzard has made no announcements to show the gap is closing. They lack raid utility when compared to every other healer.
2. I am lagging. literally. I have internet issues maybe 2 nights out of 7, when those fall on raid nights it hurts the whole group.
3. I dont enjoy my monk at all
4. More ranged DPS won't hurt us. (Although I could be mele*)

Benefits to my hunter.

1. I enjoy playing it
2. I already have some good items that could be a good foundation to build on
3. I've put in a lot of grinding already ilvl860 in about 4 days, leg ring (pretty decent), 36 traits, full AK

*I could go SV as an off spec to be mele if ranged is too heavy, apparently its very viable
4. Our healer core is flushed out without spankeymank, with our new recruits and people sitting on the sidelines that want to heal.

Anyway let me know your input.

Akoras

Post#4 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:50 am

I can help with whatever the raid needs.

I have Zila DH tank at 898 ready in the background and my hunter is really fun to play and will be ready by ToS if we need ranged.

tekniques

Post#5 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:41 pm

Spankeymank wrote:I want to switch.

Reasoning,

1. MW is lagging behind every other healing class, blizzard has made no announcements to show the gap is closing. They lack raid utility when compared to every other healer.
2. I am lagging. literally. I have internet issues maybe 2 nights out of 7, when those fall on raid nights it hurts the whole group.
3. I dont enjoy my monk at all
4. More ranged DPS won't hurt us. (Although I could be mele*)

Benefits to my hunter.

1. I enjoy playing it
2. I already have some good items that could be a good foundation to build on
3. I've put in a lot of grinding already ilvl860 in about 4 days, leg ring (pretty decent), 36 traits, full AK

*I could go SV as an off spec to be mele if ranged is too heavy, apparently its very viable
4. Our healer core is flushed out without spankeymank, with our new recruits and people sitting on the sidelines that want to heal.

Anyway let me know your input.

Good points let's go ahead and greenlight this switch.

Spankeymank>hunter

tekniques

Post#6 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Akoras wrote:I can help with whatever the raid needs.

I have Zila DH tank at 898 ready in the background and my hunter is really fun to play and will be ready by ToS if we need ranged.

I don't want to squander your DPS skills on a tank slot, but the hunter idea is fine so it's totally up to you, whatever you prefer to play as DPS it's up to you!