Oakenfolk :: Druid :: Balance

Applications to join our guild and questions here!
CoolMolecule

Oakenfolk :: Druid :: Balance

Post#1 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:26 am

Subject: Oakenfolk :: Druid :: Balance

Hey folks, I saw that you were recruiting for a balance druid. I'm currently leveling atm, but here's my background.
I've raided Emerald Nightmare Normal, and did a lil prog thru Heroic when I was playing at the start of legion. I was doing this on horde since my buddies were there. However, time and life took precedence and I had to unsub from WoW.
I'm back now, and on Darkspear, as it was my alliance server. I'm having fun leveling my druid again and would like to take him into some raids.
My horde toon, for reference is Rumfle-Thrall (Mistweaver Monk).
I have experience as healer and ranged dps, I've also splashed around as a tank from time to time when the need arises, or if I'm too impatient for a DPS queue. :D
I've seen that you raid two days a week, 6hrs total, and Sundays is one of those days, which is almost always good for me. I have classes on evenings, but the raid times are ample enough for me to get home and eat something before raid.
I know that I'm still on the grind to max level, but I have a fair idea of what needs to be done at max level to get raid ready.
So if you would like to toss me an invite to have a balance druid getting ready to raid, that'll be great. If not, I fully understand.

Item Level for Primary Spec: (still leveling)
Artifact Research Level for Primary Spec: (still leveling)
Highest Mythic Plus Achieved: 5+ on my monk
Average Hours per week played: 10hrs
Favorite Raid Encounter for Legion: Only really played EN, but I like the all the bosses in there.
Favorite Raid Encounter for all time: Deathwing
Are you willing to do guild mythic pluses? If yes, what dungeons/plus levels? Yes I'm willing, and will fill any role, perks of being a dudu.

Are you attuned for Nighthold? If not, will you be prior to release? (still leveling, but will get there)

How do you contribute to the success of a raid group? Any group is as strong as its weakest link, and I will always try to lend a hand, or give an idea/suggestion to further help the group along, and to help the weakest link (in this case me..lol) become better.

Lil backstory of me: I'm married, no kids atm. I live in Trinidad and Tobago (in the Caribbean), I'm an IT Consultant, and doing evening school in Electrical Eng. (changing careers). I'm also a musician, and I practice Iaido. :) ;)

TL:DR Coming back to WoW; played horde MW monk; did some raiding in EN; back on alliance on my boomy; will contribute as best as I can.

Bnet: CoolMolecule#1508

tekniques

Re: Oakenfolk :: Druid :: Balance

Post#2 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:39 pm

Awesome welcome to alliance darkspear!

Trinidad is on EST? Our raid runs 7:30 to 10:30 mountain time it could be pretty late for you, will you be able to make it reliably?

We always need good ranged DPS and we specifically need a balance druid.

We can start you on Wednesday night offnight runs until you are up to speed.

CoolMolecule

Post#3 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:54 pm

Thanks! This was my original server before I went to the horde...I raided Dragon Soul and Firelands here on my priest and mage.

Yep, Trinidad is EST, but we don't observe DST, so when that comes in effect, I'll make the adjustments.

Yeah, I prefer ranged, except when tanking..lol.

The offnight sounds like a good plan, along with some mythics when I ding.

Do I whisper for an invite now, or wait till I ding? I'm 107 atm.

Thanks again!

tekniques

Post#4 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:22 pm

Welcome aboard! Closing thread as we will take on-boarding to discord and in-game.